Thursday, June 20, 2013

Angela Walter's Free Motion Quilting Class on my Sunshine 16 Machine

 I've been practicing some of the FMQ that I'm learning from Angela Walter's classes on www.Craftsy.com

 I'm taking both of her classes Machine Quilting Negative Space and Free Motion Quilting with Feathers. She takes her time to break down the parts of the FMQ and makes it easy to learn and understand.  One of the big things that helps is to draw out the designs on paper first to get the design set in your mind so when you get to the quilt you know where to go.

I bought both of her books from Amazon. Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts  and In the Studio with Angela Walters: Machine-Quilting Design Concepts Add Movement, Contrast, Depth & More.  They make quite the compliment to her online classes.

I highly recommend her teaching.  I'm having a good time learning FMQ and quilting on this sample quilt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment