Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pin cushion gift

Since I'm new to Quilting, I'm in the process of getting as many supplies as I can.  I've been lucky enough to join a wonderful group of  Quilters called the Chattanooga Quilting Guild.  Many of the members have so charitably given me rulers, mats, pens, scissors, magazines, patterns, books & fabric.  Recently I tried to make a pincushion but since I'm so new to sewing I didn't do that great of a job making it.  One of the friends in my guild showed me how to sew the cushion closed properly and also gave me a really nice  pin cushion that even had a storage compartment for my safety pins.

The other night I had my 14 year old nephew visiting me.  Since I'm working on a new quilt I had all my supplies in the living room so we could visit while I got some quilting done.  He was really interested in all of the supplies and I even got him sewing on my sunshine 16 machine.  You'd think boys would be interested in that kind of thing but I think it had more to do with the fast motor and sharp needle lol.

While watching  Doctor Who marathon on Netflix my nephew started playing with the pincushion putting almost every pin I own in there.  Surprisingly it turned out quite artistic so I couldn't resist snapping a photo of it.



Have a wonderful day of quilting, sewing, & spending time with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment