Saturday, September 21, 2013

Georgia Quilt Show

I went to my first ever quilt show this week.  It was at the Cobb County Covention center just outside Atlanta, GA.  When I bought my ticket the first day they gave me a card to hand out for the prize drawing they have at 5:15pm. You then go through the doors to the show and your just blown away by all the vendor booths.  My hubby gave me a $150 spending limit but once you start looking at all the fantastic tools, notions, fabric and patterns you realize that really isnt that much.  Then in the back you walk around and see all the quilts.  They were georgeous.  You really feel inadequte as a quilter when you see the wealth of talent there but at the same time you have all this inspiration teliing you to try all the cool techniques.  

Id love to share photos but Im not sure that Im allowed to post quilt photos.  I did get permission to take pictures at some of the booths. This is a photo of longarm quilter Dusty Farrell www.cscountrystitchin.com. I bought one of his books and one of his dvds.  One of the great things was having a chance to talk to him.  He is down to earth and caring.  Quick to offer his knowledge and help.  He had 2 quilts in the show that were just awesome. 

Then I got a chance to meet Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilts.  She was so sweet and outgoing.  She did a demonstration and gave a speech that just had you smiling and laughing along with her wonderful sense of humor.

By the end of the day we were tired but you needed to be there when they did the prize drawings.  The Grand Prize from the first day was a Pfaff hobby sewing machine.  The announcer spun this big wheel and pulled out a card.  He started saying the name of the winner when to my surprise and good fortune it was my name he was calling.  Hede I am picking up my new sewing machine.  Am I lucky or what?  (Last month I won a quilting retreat)

Yay me!   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment