Sunday, September 1, 2013

Mastering the Art of McTavishing

I'm working on a charity quilts that will go to Ronald McDonald House.  One of the great things about charity quilts is it gives you a chance and opportunity to practice new quilting techniques as well as help someone out. 

Last month I sewed up three different charity cuddle quilts. I did not get a chance to quilt them yet I had been trying to decide which technique I wanted to learn.  I am slowly buying the books by Karen McTavish one at a time.  I really enjoy her work.  One of the great things about her books is that they also come with a DVD to show you the technique as well as reading about it.  The book that I'm reading right now is called Mastering the art of MacTavishing.

I tried a couple of times to practice drawing out the design and now I'm ready to try quilting it.

Now please keep in mind this is a first try and I'm using a very highly contrasting thread.  This means all of my mistakes definitely show up for the whole world to see.  But honestly I just like the color and it matched the quilt.

Once finished I'll make sure to post a picture of my completed quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment