Stacy has a real eye for color and I fell in love with the fabric in shades of tan, brown, & turqoise. Since the piecing needed to be the focus of the quilt I choose to stitch in the ditch with YLI smoke monofiliment thread. The quilt is a King size one so it gave me plenty of time and practice doing free motion stitch in the ditch. I had a huge difference from my beginning blocks to the ones that were near the end. I feel confident now in my dirch stitching.
One of the things I found most challenging after keeping my stitching straight was going over the seams. Sometimes if the seams were bulky and I went over them too quickly my thread would break. What helped was to slow down at the intersections and push down a little more tightly to keep the fabric and needle from jumping up over those seams.
Once at her shop we laid it down on the floor in hopes of being able to take a full size photo. After the photo was taken the quilt got hung up on the wall.